- Sai Prema Foundation is a charitable organisation that is dedicated to serving underprivileged people of Fiji through Medicare, Educare and Sociocare initiatives.
- One of the major projects that the foundation has embarked on has been the ‘Gift of Life’ free heart surgeries for children with congenital heart disease.
- So far 71 children have received free surgeries, saving in excess of 7 million dollars
- Every year about 200 children in Fiji are born with congenital heart disease and over 2,500 children are born in the Pacific with congenital heart disease.
- Due to unavailability, inaccessibility and unaffordability, most of these children die.
- There are NO PEDIATRIC CARDIAC SERVICES AVAILABLE IN FIJI or any of the other Pacific island nations.
- Due to these staggering statistics, the Foundation is building South Pacific’s first Children’s free Heart Hospital. The hospital will be built on State Land granted to the Foundation by the Fiji Government for hospital use.
- This will be the one of the largest projects ever undertaken by a Non-Government Organisation (NGO) in Fiji’s history.
The Sri Sathya Sai Sanjeevani Hospital will provide free congenital heart disease surgery for the children of Fiji and the South Pacific.
“There is no more noble pursuit than giving our people the tools and resources they need to enjoy healthier and happier lives, that is the view of my Government, and I’m very glad to see that commitment shared so strongly by the Sai Prema Foundation”~ PRIME MINISTER OF FIJI Hon. Josaia Voreqe Bainimarama, April 2018(on the occasion of the opening of the FREE Sai Sanjeevani Medical Centre)
“The Sai Prema Foundation, once again, has earned the gratitude of the Fijian people through the opening of this new Centre. Thank you for all that you do. Thank you for the services you offer our people, and – above all else – thank you for the lives you have saved, and the lives you will save. Your immense impact on the health of our nation will never be forgotten”~ PRIME MINISTER OF FIJI Hon. Josaia Voreqe Bainimarama, April 2019(on the occasion of the opening of South Pacific’s first Children’s Heart Screening Centre)
“Every time these children smile, it is a wonderful reflection of your commitment to serve for the greater good of humankind, to save lives, to restore peace and happiness in the lives of those who need you. You are the champions of these children, you are their heroes, they will always remember you and, I have no doubt, aspire to be like you, to reach out and help others” ~ Former Minister for Health and Medical Services Hon. Rosy Sofia Akbar(on the occasion of the celebratory function of the successful completion of the Gift of Life Heart Surgeries for the children of Fiji)
A FREE CHILDREN'S HEART HOSPITAL IN FIJI !!!A grand announcement by internationally renowned Singer and Director of Sai Prema Foundation - Sumeet Tappoo.Posted by Sai Prema Foundation Fiji on Saturday, November 23, 2019