Over 300 patients were seen completely FREE OF CHARGE in a short span of 5 hours!
Various health professionals and One Fiji volunteers made their way to Naitasiri Primary School, Baulevu on Saturday 22nd June 2019.
Services that were available on the day included:
- General Medical Consultations by Senior Physicians, Pathologists, GP’s and Medical Officers from Ministry of Health
- Specialist consultations (Psychiatry)
- Dental consultations and procedures by Dentists from Ministry of Health and Fiji National University
- Dietary advice and counseling by dietitians
- Heart screening for Children (using HD Steth)
- Men’s Health advocacy by Suva Golden Oldies Rugby Club
- Prostate Cancer Screening by Van Med Labs
- Women’s Health consultations and screening by Oxfam Women’s Wellness Clinic.
- Tuberculosis screening by the National Tuberculosis Program – TB Unit, Tamavua Hospital
- Free medications dispensed by volunteer pharmacists and pharmacy students.
- ‘Sai Annapoorna’ – served the children at the medical camp with apples after heart screening and a sumptuous lunch was also given.
- Community wellness workshop for the villagers.
- First Aid Kit gifted to Naitasiri Primary School
- Special acknowledgement to Sai Prema Foundation’s ‘Gift of Life’ free children’s heart surgery recipient Ronav z& his mother Angelene who attended the medical camp.