Sai Prema Foundation
The Acting Prime Minister of Fiji as Chief Guest at the official launch of the Sai Prema Foundation on Friday 19th August 2016
It is indeed an honour to have the opportunity to serve one’s motherland and its people. The Trustees and volunteers of Sai Prema Foundation Fiji are deeply humbled to be able to make a difference to the lives of the poor and underprivileged people of Fiji through its Medicare, Educare and Sociocare initiatives.
Sai Prema Foundation Fiji was officially launched by the Acting Prime Minister of Fiji, Hon. Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum on 19th August 2016. We are proud to be a Non-Government Organisation (NGO) working in association with the Government of Fiji on various initiatives in complementing their projects and policies in fulfilling a need or a void in society. The uniqueness of our Foundation is that every volunteer serves out of a desire to serve and help make a difference and is a volunteer without any financial gain or remuneration.
The three-pronged Vision that governs the foundation has been highlighted in our Home Page
Our Foundation’s key Policies include:
- We will not accept any funds from entities associated with illicit drugs or any illegal activities (like guns/terrorism) or unethical practices (like bribery/corruption);
- We are against giving or receiving bribes of any sort. All gifts will be declared.
- Our policy does NOT allow charging of any fees or remuneration whatsoever by the Trustees. Foundation Trustees’ administration cost is provided 100% pro bono.
- Procurements of drugs and consumables will be from ethical sources;
- Good governance and accountability practices will include:
- Independent audit reports.
- “Acquittals” provided to major Donors (and subject to audit).
- Open to truth on any matter we may have erred or overlooked.
- We do not issue cash cheques. All funds are duly receipted
The Foundation has successfully impacted the underprivileged and needy people of Fiji with the following projects, including…:
- Sri Sathya Sai Sanjeevani Medical Centre – a free Medical Centre in the heart of Suva with the aim to expand this into South Pacific’s first Pediatric Cardiac Super Speciality Hospital.
- Sri Sathya Sai Sanjeevani Children’s Heart Screening Centre
- Gift of Life – providing free heart surgeries to the Children of Fiji
- Medical Scholarship – Pediatric Cardiology scholarships to train Fiji-based Doctors
- Health on Wheels – serving the rural population of Fiji through regular free Medical Outreach Camps
- Be A Hero – blood collection drives across the towns and cities in Fiji
- Sai Annapoorna – distributing free food & clothing to poor families
- Children of God – looking after the needs of Orphaned children
- Help in Kind – Disaster or need response initiatives
- Control D – a Diabetes awareness campaign
- You Are Not Alone – a Mental Health awareness program
- Sai Cares – an Employment initiative for underprivileged women
- Sai Prema Ashram – a Global Centre for Love & Peace in Pacific Harbour
- Sri Sathya Sai Sanjeevani Children’s Heart Hospital Fiji – currently under construction and targeted to open in April 2020